Monday, May 10, 2010

Taking a Toll on EVERYTHING!


Waking up this morning ready to devour a good breakfast dish at my favorite restaurant here around the corner I discovered my worst nightmare. It has CLOSED! Yeah, closed. How is that possible. I knew this oil shortage was bad but that restaurant always had a waiting list. Well, it should probably be in past tense, it used to have a waiting list before the oil shortage had completely gone downhill. I too, recently started paying fewer visits since I thought the prices for some dishes were ridiculous. Instead, today I went to a nearby restaurant a few blocks away. I, of course had to take my bike since the reason for going to the other place was to save money and oil.

Later that day I met up with the manager of the restaurant that had closed. He confirmed my suspicions, shipping the ingredients was nearly impossible. Not enough profit was being made with ingredients being shipped internationally and all. Competition was also a challenge since the dishes being made at the other restaurant were simpler because of the local ingredients used. He told me the restaurant could not lower its prices which left no other option but to close. That made me realize that places that offer economical prices while still offering the same satisfaction to combat hunger, will likely thrive. At the end of the day is not delicacy what many lean for but for many it is simple tasty food. Still, I will find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea of not going there anymore since it has been there since I first moved here and opened for 30 years. Wow 30 years in the making! This oil shortage is taking quite a toll on my life!
Source: foxnomad

No comments:

Post a Comment