Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally, A Light At the End of the Oil Tunnel


PHEW, what a sigh of relief! Everything is lookin up. The oil shortage crisis seems to be imporving just after we had already hit rock bottom. I am still on the fence and about it completely going back noramal. However, I do have high hopes but I do not want to be overconfident and continue taking the precious oil we have left for granted. I will no longer go back to my old ways, this has taught me to grow as a person and be considerate not only for me but for the planet. I witness the many struggles each individual faced. From business owners shutting down once popular restaurants to people going ballistic over food. Food that before was thrown out because of abundance.
Not even in my craziest dreams would I have thought that oil would affect me so dramatically. I must be honest, at some point I thought oil was mostly used for gasoline. How naive and uninformed was I! As a student I feel horrible to know that I did not know oil is practically used in and for everything. Most products everyone uses oil was involved somehow. It is not only products but FOOD! Probably not to make it but to transport it from one place to the other. Much of our food comes from around the country and the world. Without oil to transport food, we would be so limited.
After what I have experienced with the oil spill and the shortage, I have changed. I HAD to change but I am glad because I know I contributed to saving our planet. If everyone stands together I hope we NEVER go back to this!

Source: greatgreensolutions

Source: bangov

No comments:

Post a Comment